Senior Information Security Officer | Remote friendly
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Syntropy is transforming the public internet into a secure and user-centric internet through a unifying layer where encryption and optimized performance are built-in and automatically enabled for anything and everything connected to it.
Our technology is compatible with the current internet yet allows for the complete utilization of resources. It removes bottlenecks and limitations, ensures security and optimization by default, and unlocks greater scalability potential for future technologies and applications.
About this role
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Information Security Officer to join our team and take ownership of Syntropy’s security landscape. You will be involved in all-things-security, from reviewing and managing security risks, carrying out security audits, to setting Syntropy’s security direction for the future.
This role would suit someone who has information security / security engineering experience and wants to take a step up into a more senior role with wider responsibilities and the opportunity to have a mixture of hands-on and strategic work, or someone who's already performed in a CISO capacity at a smaller company but still wants to be involved in all-round security operations within a business.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Review the security posture of the business, identify risks and vulnerabilities, and suggest solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Keep our company, our services and data assets safe.
- Facilitate or perform internal security audits.
- Define and direct the future security strategy
- Define and implement the cyber security policies and procedures
- Provide insights on our security landscape to the business teams.
- Keep abreast of the current security events, risks and threats, and keep Syntropy one step ahead at all times.
- Share your knowledge and updates company-wide.
- Proven experience in an Information Security Officer / Security Engineer capacity (or as a CISO who wants to remain hands-on)
- Previous experience in assessing the security standards and posture of an organization (carrying out an internal security audit)
- Experience in building and/or maintaining security systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or another relevant field
- Knowledge of Information Security standards like ISO 27001.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Experience (or an interest in) DevOps / DevSecOps would be a plus.
- Previous experience with blockchain and cryptocurrency-related security would be a plus.
- An innovative and attractive compensation structure (salary + company-issued cryptocurrency tokens as bonus).
- Flexible working hours (office & remote work options) .
- The opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and ambitious start-up team at an exciting time of growth.
Syntropy embraces diverse applications from all backgrounds. Apply today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Securing & delivering applications seamlessly