About the role and the team
Do you want to be in charge of constant improvement of database solution which is one of key components enabling Adform to process milions of requests per second in proffesional fashion?
Implement newest functionality and scale clusters arround the globe?
We offer you an amazing opportunity to contribute to IT data strategy execution and participate in shaping, developing and maintaining technical excellence of our services. You will also act as one of core voices on our MS SQL services strategy and executing it via collaboration with your team, IT Service Delivery Managers and Architects.
With data centers across the globe, millions of transactions per second and petabytes of historical records, numerous CI/CD tools, large DevOps and fully private cloud native stack with security guidelines you would see a unique place where we are experts of redundant delivery of high load systems, scalability and low latencies. We make sure that solutions’ technical design and its implementation are executed within the best practices – You would be trusted player in this.
You will also be responsible for following the agreed team’s roadmap priorities, depending on MS SQL, as we are proud to deliver constant improvements to our Client!
Team Data Services is a part of Adform‘s IT area with Cloud Services, Data Centers & Network, DevOps and Cyber Security teams which are located in Kaunas, Vilnius and Warsaw. Together we ensure, that our global infrastructure is operating at highest availability, is scalable, reliable, secure and our provided services for our clients and stakeholders ensure stable Adform platform as well as continuously improved infrastructure to achieve Adform product development goals.
Main impact the team makes:
- provides Database as a Service for Microsoft SQL, Vertica, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, Elastic Search
- ensures the availability and maintenance of data stream-processing and message-broker technologies, like Kafka & RabbitMQ
- supervises big data processing and storage platforms on Apache Hadoop and its multiple related tools
- Collaborate with your team, stakeholders and management to be always up to date on what is the most valuable way you can contribute towards Adform's goals
- Build, develop and maintain Database as a Service platform and managed services for team supported technologies in a rapid growth and geo-expansion environment
- Perform databases administration routine tasks to keep the service up to date and performing to the highest standards and Adform technology stack requirements:
- Performance tuning
- Transactional replication administration
- SQL broker management and monitoring
- HA management
- Setup, updates, patches, version upgrades
- Security improvements
- Backup and recovery
- Logging, monitoring and alerting
- Helping Development teams with their SQL deployments
- Automate everything what needs to be done more than once
- Solve incidents, consult stakeholders on improvements, cooperate with vendors' technical support
- Share knowledge and consult stakeholders on architecture and usage of databases
- Continuously develop your personal, interpersonal, and technical competencies
We expect you to
- Have expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL database management with tangible & proven deliverables in your career for more than 5 years
- Feel an irresistible desire to learn and get deeper into other database technologies (PostgreSQL and/or MongoDB and/or even Vertica)
- Be experienced in Microsoft operating systems. Experience in Linux operating systems would be an advantage.
- Have some programming/scripting experience, i.e. PowerShell, etc.
- Have experience with SQL Server performance management and tuning, troubleshooting long-running queries and transaction logs
- Have experience with review, test, and troubleshoot database structures and code. Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive, recovery, and implementation
- Be good with any of the monitoring tools, i.e. Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana, etc.
- Demonstrate high integrity, energy and optimism, are knowledge-seeking, self-directed and motivated
- Be curious, informal, and treat others with respect
- Be an open personality who loves to work with professionals like yourself and help to grow colleagues interested in your service
- You will have an opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis
- You will work with highly professional and knowledgeable colleagues
- Your Leader will ensure transparent, up to date communication and support your needs
- You will be given challenging and unique tasks with creative approach to problem-solving
- You will be surrounded by dynamic, inspiring and international environment
- Monthly salary range for this position starts from 3000 euros gross. The final offer will depend on the experience and competencies
If you wonder about these things – we have something to offer you
- Worry about health and accident insurance? Chill – we got this!
- Eager to enjoy your vacay a bit longer? We offer additional vacation days!
- Enjoy having work-fun balance? Good news! Fun office activities, team buildings and a friendly team will cheer you up! Explore our offices by going on a virtual tour!
- Enjoy having lunch out? Grab your colleagues and enjoy delicious lunch at a friendly price in our canteen or outside on Adform terrace!
- Wanna stay in shape? Join Adform sports team and exercise together!
- Worry about your lonely left-at-home pet? Bring it to the office! We are very pet-friendly and happy to get to know your companion!
- Having a headache or a sneezing morning? Adform offers 2 trust days for you to get better by staying at home! Use them and get back to work when feeling fresh again!
- Not enough? Join us and find out more!
Adform provides an integrated Software as a Service platform for the buying, managing and serving of digital advertising. The company’s software consists of an Ad Serving Platform, Dynamic Creative Optimization solutions, Data Management Platform, a Demand Side Platform with advanced analytics, reporting and creative tools that drive high impact digital advertising campaigns globally. Founded in Denmark in 2002, Adform is a global business servicing a client portfolio that includes the world’s leading agencies, advertisers, consultancies, and brands.
To learn more visit us at adform.com
All our career opportunities are listed here
Your application has been successfully submitted.