Customer Service Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Customer Care Representative, you will perform a variety of tasks to support the Organisation's commercial goals. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company by taking complete responsibility in maintaining that customer needs are met.
What will you do?
- Process customer orders in a courteous, efficient, accurate, and timely manner, using different systems
- Effectively present and discuss products and services of the company to current and prospective customers in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity, and superior understanding of our products and services.
- Manage the process for escalated inquiries and complaints to resolution, without managerial support.
- Manage and influence customer satisfaction by demonstrating tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Develop working relationships and assist Commercial and Project teams through careful review of their open orders making appropriate follow up calls/e-mails and offering pre and post customer service for complex custom orders.
- Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines.
- Order Management
- Communicate effectively with other departments to guarantee that customer requirements are met.
- Process/System Efficiencies
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company manuals, staff meetings, intranet, and e-mails. Ability to learn, embrace, and retain specific order management procedures and to follow instructions and policies related to order management.
- Participate as a key team player by supporting other Customer Care representatives as needed. Possess excellence in organization and team management skills.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration or a scientific discipline strongly encouraged.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related Customer Service experience, preferably with 2 years minimum in B2B customer service and/or an E-Commerce environment. (Must)
- Internal candidates-requires solid knowledge of the Company's systems, processes, and technical product line.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills reflecting a positive, professional, customer-centered organization.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and to multi-task under deadline.
- Proven success in handling difficult customers with professionalism, dignity, and tact required.
- Must demonstrate excellent proficiency in personal computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written) is a must.
- Strong ability to work as a team, collaborate with colleagues, and share the workload as needed to provide quality customer support.
- Self-motivated and able to manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Must be a highly energetic and fast learner
- Prior bioprocess production knowledge a plus
- Experience with Oracle software and Navision a plus
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- Base salary (1200-1500 Eur gross) and additional motivation package.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
Your application has been successfully submitted.