Learning Experience Designer, People Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in adult learning, change management, instructional design, and/or leadership development.
- Experience managing learning design projects from needs analysis through launch and evaluation, across a multitude of modalities (online, mobile, virtual, in-person) in global organizations.
- Experience advising executive stakeholders.
- Experience working on culture change initiatives within a global organization.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to design under tight deadlines, iterate rapidly based on feedback from varied stakeholders.
- Understanding of current trends and research in the Learning and Deveopment industry and ability to share perspective on how to integrate these into a broader solution.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build credibility and collaborative relationships with both partners and senior stakeholders.
- Passion for and commitment to cultivating an inclusive culture by ensuring diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
About the job
Our PeopleDev team works hard to ensure every Googler has access to the resources they need to become their best personal and professional selves. We leverage tools, technology, and innovative formats to scale learning and support Googlers at all stages of their careers — from Noogler Orientation, to manager training, to leadership development, and more. We have four key beliefs about learning — that it is personal, social, a process, and happens in real life — and we infuse these beliefs throughout the wide array of learning and development opportunities at Google. As a PeopleDev team member, you'll always be thinking about new ways to help others grow, and you share a passion for empowering Googlers to unlock their full potential.
As a Learning Experience Designer, you will lead the design and strategy for learning offerings in support of organizational development. You will be the primary designer of a series of learning offerings available company-wide, with an emphasis on digital-first and globally inclusive learning experiences. This effort will require close collaboration with partners to develop and deliver, and you will be responsible for organizing the contributions of others in service of a cohesive end product. You will also be responsible for representing and integrating this design strategy into the broader people operations change plan and representing the work to senior stakeholders.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
Act as a thought leader to shape People Development’s design strategy for a company-wide change effort, incorporating existing learning offerings where appropriate and identifying opportunities to build digital-first experiences.
- Collaborate across People Development to gather and translate user and business needs into effective learning experiences that drive Googler capability building.
- Oversee the design and development of inspiring digital learning experiences that motivate behavior change, ensuring the experiences are globally accessible, inclusive, and highly scalable.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure connection to other related components of the broader change effort.
- Partner closely with partner teams to translate design into a regionally-based go-to-market strategy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.