Data Analyst, People Development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using a quantitative and qualitative approach to measure the effectiveness of programs, process improvements, and efforts for organizations.
- Experience in a client-facing role using data visualizations to represent analyses to an executive audience.
- SQL experience.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, lead efforts across disciplines, and collaborate strategically with others.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a wide portfolio of projects, stakeholders, and deadlines.
- Ability to comfortably handle ambiguity and working autonomously at times.
- Ability to self-direct work in an unstructured environment.
About the job
Our PeopleDev team works hard to ensure every Googler has access to the resources they need to become their best personal and professional selves. We leverage tools, technology, and innovative formats to scale learning and support Googlers at all stages of their careers — from Noogler Orientation, to manager training, to leadership development, and more. We have four key beliefs about learning — that it is personal, social, a process, and happens in real life — and we infuse these beliefs throughout the wide array of learning and development opportunities at Google. As a PeopleDev team member, you'll always be thinking about new ways to help others grow, and you share a passion for empowering Googlers to unlock their full potential.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll be part of a team that makes our data universally useful, reliable, and accessible for our internal stakeholders and partners across People Operations. You'll use analytics to solve problems, build data and dashboards solutions to drive insights and automation, and perform deep analysis to drive performance and strategy. You'll think ahead strategically while acting tactically. You'll contribute analytical, problem-solving, and project leadership skills, a bias towards action, and a passion for data, innovation, and driving impact.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants, and analysts, we're the advocates of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them". We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Build and maintain critical data infrastructure for People Development including back-end data tables, data pipelines, and dashboards.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights from data and convey findings to executive audiences.
- Work across People Development teams and understand all People Development data including learning programs, evaluation strategies, education reimbursements, and talent management.
- Partner with People Development teams to gain a rich understanding of business processes, analytical and reporting needs and gaps.
- Collaborate with partner Business Intelligence and Analyst teams, ensuring our solutions and analysis support People Operations, while also looking for innovative opportunities to drive big insights and impact.
Your application has been successfully submitted.