We're growing and have our sights set on European expansion. To achieve these ambitions we need someone to take ownership of the development and delivery of the core Zipabout Platform. It goes without saying that you're technically competent and thrive on driving innovation and best practice in order to constantly improve, but you're also happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
You’re driven to ensure constant evolution and improvement of the tech you work with. You’re commercially astute and able to translate commercial requirements into production code. You’re a strong people manager keen to grow and develop your team. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Responsibility for development and delivery of the core Zipabout Platform.
- Working with the Product Owner and other stakeholders to translate commercial requirements into production code
- Maintain and develop systems and processes to help the team deploy, monitor, test and continuously deliver new features and improvements to our technology.
- Work closely with the CTO to constantly review platform architecture and infrastructure with internal stakeholders and suppliers, driving innovation and best practice across the entire tech team.
- Ensure visibility of technology/technical developments across the wider business by reporting regularly to CTO and other stakeholders
- Co-ordination of training, development and efficient growth of the tech-team aligned with allocated budgets, targets and deliverables.
- Please don't try and blag these or tell us you will pick them up quickly - we don't have time to teach the following!
- At least 3 years commercial experience with AWS is essential, ideally with a certification at Professional level.
- Experience with Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cloudformation/SAM essential
- Although our core platform services are developed using Scala, a sound knowledge of Java will be sufficient.
- A sound understanding of modern architectural design patterns, particularly event-driven and microservice based architectures
- Experience with source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and unit/integration testing and issue management software (Jira ideally)
- Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Containerisation (docker experience preferable)
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Flexible location (office/hybrid)
- Nifty benefits
- Vocational and professional training
- Share options scheme
- Cultural and active lifestyle contributions
- Sabbatical scheme
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be competitive and based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function..
This role can be carried out in the UK or from a Nearshore country: Lithuania (Vilnius) / Hungary (Budapest) / Croatia (Zagreb) / Ukraine (Lviv/Kiev). It will involve regular travel from the UK/Nearshore on a monthly basis. Applicants based outside these countries cannot be considered.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee(in person or virtually). But please don't just send us a CV....
NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASE READ THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications for the UK
- no Agencies, thank you
Diversity: to help with our diversity efforts, we believe in fighting unconscious bias. We believe that actions speak louder than words and so we have decided to anonymise all CVs we receive. No name, no picture, no nationality or sex, no university or hobbies, no age or references. When your CV is being assessed by our team we only ever consider one thing: your skills. Once you've been shortlisted, we'll share everything we can about you with our interview panel, and we'll want to speak to you ASAP to know everything that's not on your CV, the rest of you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We enable people to move easily and safely around our world. Zipabout is designing the future of transport where each journey is personalised. We part...