Hostinger is a world-class web hosting company, ambitious to stay ahead of its competitors. We build our own culture in which we dream big and stay busy. With over 800 light-spirited, eager for knowledge professionals, we provide top-notch web hosting services to over 30 million customers worldwide. We make data-driven decisions and think that data is a powerful tool to identify business opportunities. As our organization grows fast, we are looking for a Database Architect, who is a determined self-starter and wants to impact our business. If you can optimize data to a higher tier, join us!
What you will do:
- Ensure database access, consistency, and integrity and optimize database relations;
- Participate in deciding on architecture, coding standards, and quality assurance policies;
- Participate in deciding on how to optimize queries in production code;
- Monitor and optimize database performance;
- Allocate physical data storage for database systems;
- Implement database and data encryption;
- Migrate databases from on-premises to Cloud (GCP) and manage database replicas in Cloud;
- Work closely with Data Team to manage ETL process;
- Work closely with Product Team to manage DB architecture;
- Work with large scale client database clusters;
- Manage and automate database migration processes;
- Document and share your knowledge with other teams.
What we expect:
- 3+ years of experience in database architecture;
- World-class SQL skills;
- You have migrated >100GB databases without downtime;
- SQL EXPLAIN is one of your best friends;
- You have solid experience building scalable data pipelines and ETL;
- You have deep knowledge of database approaches and pro-tips;
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, experience with MySQL;
- Fluent with Git and the command line;
- Strong communication skills in English;
- Bonus: You are experienced with AWS/GCP or similar cloud computing services.
Our tech stack. At Hostinger we use these technologies related to databases:
- MySQL Governor
What you will get:
- A working environment where everyone values highest standards, freedom, responsibility and personal growth - we promote action-oriented behavior, trust and seek mastery;
- Everything you need for your professional development – latest working equipment, training courses, books, conferences, team building activities, and workshops;
- A friendly, supportive and experienced team which is eager to share their knowledge and spend time with you;
- Salary starting from 3500 Eur/Gross and regular salary reviews;
- A health insurance package for your wellness;
- Remote work and flexible hours.
You are dangerously close to launching your career to new heights. Take action. Apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.