Frontend Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hello, we’re Treatwell.
Here at Treatwell, we are changing the way people book their hair and beauty services. We make booking hair, beauty and spa treatments simple, effortless and fast – around the clock.
Today we are the leading beauty booking platform in Europe working with over 25,000 salons, processing over 1 million orders per month and operating across 11 countries. Our success to date is completely down to the 500 passionate and brilliantly-talented people working together to harness the power of beauty, and the beauty of technology.
However, we are still not even close to being done. Today, less than 2% of hair and beauty is booked online - that’s tiny. We believe that booking online is inevitable and our mission is to give every customer their perfect hair and beauty experience.
But, for us to really fulfil our vision of revolutionising the industry we need to do something much more profound… we need to grow the entire industry and empower more people to feel good about themselves more often.
We’re looking for talented, friendly and adaptable Frontend Software Engineers to help build our suite of supplier facing interfaces. Here in the Treatwell tech team we’re a nice bunch, we love to ship software and we like to think we’re pretty smart. We believe in Agile principles and values, our teams typically use Kanban and various XP practices, we love DDD and we are embracing eventual consistency in our new services. We like to use the right tech for the job but we don’t get seduced by the latest shiny fads.
You will be working on a variety of exciting technologies. Our UI applications are written using React & TypeScript, served using Node.js and packaged using Yarn. Our backend is written in Java 11/Spring Boot and provides a well defined, collaboratively designed API to your UI applications. All our applications are deployed within Docker containers and monitored using Prometheus. Everything runs in AWS.
We do things well, but we’re not complacent. We want to do great work and we want to be known for it. We’re looking for people who can help us to continue to grow and improve as a team.
As a Frontend Software Engineer at Treatwell you will work as part of a cross functional Agile team writing and shipping high quality code frequently. You’ll do whatever you can to help your team meet or exceed its goals and you will drive incremental improvements in both the way we work and the software we deliver.
- You are familiar with some of our frontend tech stack and can learn the rest very quickly.
- You understand component based CSS methodologies, like CSS modules.
- You’re familiar with design systems and how to translate them into reusable components.
- You’ve built high quality web interfaces using modern technologies and practices.
- You’ve been part of a high-performing, autonomous Agile development team who deliver continuously.
- You know good UX, visual and good technical design when you see it and how to ensure quality is embedded in the software development process.
- You like learning new skills and taking on tasks beyond your usual remit - maybe even some backend development tasks!
- You’re a good communicator, fun to work with and enjoy being part of a vocal, passionate team.
- You’re active in the software development community, whether through blogs, meetups, personal projects or open source contribution
- Competitive salary
- Flexible holiday policy
- Funds for attending conferences and training
- Fully stocked kitchen with free breakfast, fruit and barista coffee
- Fantastic parties and regular social events
- Most importantly the opportunity to work alongside a talented, friendly team in a lovely, award-winning Vilnius office and of course the flexibility to work from home
Frontend Software Engineer - €2500-4600 Gross Monthly
Treatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes every body to the team. People of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, neurodiverse people, individuals with impairments, and parents are encouraged to apply. We encourage you to notify our team of your pronouns at any stage of your application.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.