Senior Back End Engineer
Vilnius, Lithuania Remote
We are a UK proptech startup on a mission to make renting home a seamless, rewarding and few-clicks activity for tenants, landlords and agents alike.
Renting is growing globally and “generation rent” is demanding digital-first rental experiences. Today the process is disconnected and offline. We’re here to change that for good!
At Reneza, we pair latest technologies with a powerhouse of engineers, designers, & real estate experts to transform the long-term rentals industry.
As part of the development team at Reneza, a senior Node.js Engineer creates a back-end to support crucial processes in the rental industry, such as time management, repetitive task automatisation, issue management and accounting. The system will be used by major agents across the UK.
As a Back-End Engineer at Reneza You will:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Define validation and security access rules;
- Create GraphQL schemas;
- Design and implement sagas using Kafka;
- Define data models - creating the microservice database using MongoDB;
- Define business workflows - passing and transforming data between various stages of the business process.
Successful Back-end Engineers might come from microservice, SQL/NoSQL, web app development background. If you have extensive experience in either field, you will very likely be successful in Reneza and learning the three required technologies will not be a problem.
As the web development industry grows rapidly, we must keep up. To do so, we highly encourage You to:
- Research, evaluate, architect and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build sustainable software solutions for our clients;
- Share knowledge and know-how of software best practices inside and outside the team;
- Lead and work as part of a team, as well as independently work toward assigned goals.
Minimum technical skills:
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it (e.g. Express, Apollo GraphQL);
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs;
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token;
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha;
- Familiarity with code versioning tool Git;
- Experience with Agile work environment.
Ideal technical skills:
- Knowledge of GraphQL;
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Experience with microservices architecture;
- Good handle of Apache Kafka.
- Start date - as soon as possible;
- Competitive salary range;
- Become part of a highly motivated, engaged team who are working tirelessly to shape the future of the residential property industry;
- Future growth opportunities.
Working in the development team:
You will work closely with our product owners - experts in the rental industry - who have dreamt for a long time to innovate home rental sector. You will find a lot of enthusiasm and industry know-how bundled in a friendly though performance-driven approach.
Your application has been successfully submitted.