System Administrator (Web Hosting team)
Kaunas, Lithuania Remote
Are you a constant learner who loves Linux?
Hostinger is a world-class web hosting company, ambitious to stay ahead of its competitors. Our team consists of 900 curious and high-spirited professionals working worldwide.
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to help us solve engineering challenges, keep our client websites and other services’ performance under control. We operate on a large scale - Hostinger has over 1500 servers including internal purpose VM’s and physical servers. You will be working in our Site Availability Engineering team, digging deep, and learning so much technical stuff to become a top-level expert.
About the team:
- Hostinger’s Site Availability Engineering team consists of 2 sub-teams: Web Hosting & Infrastructure. We have 8 people in Web Hosting and 7 people in Infrastructure, so there is a great bunch of colleagues to help and share your knowledge with;
- They also work closely with and learn a lot from Hostinger’s top-level Site Reliability Engineers. This is the seniority level to which you will upgrade your career in time;
- The team works in shifts: there is rotation and there are currently two schedules: 9 AM - 6 PM and 6 PM - 1 AM. Be sure, there is much freedom and you will be able to stay flexible here.
What you will do:
- Monitor physical Web servers (load, uptime) using Prometheus alert manager (we use remote consoles to track server failures);
- Monitor service performance (later stage, hAPI, hosting-rest, hPanel VMs) using Grafana, Kibana, Graylog, Elasticsearch;
- Monitor abusers (we look for patterns, create tools);
- Deploy new servers (software level);
- Identify and fight unusual DDoS types;
- Develop monitoring for subparts (FTP, LiteSpeed, Openresty, Bitninja, Hostbackup, Redis, CloudLinux OS);
- Help our Customer Success agents to analyze service problems from the client’s side and advice them on difficult cases;
- Touch on optimization and automation tasks on multiple projects with Ansible.
What we expect:
- Experience with Linux;
- Experience with critical web systems (Microservices, Nginx, MySQL, RabbitMQ & Redis, Apache);
- You have a clue about how network technologies work (IPv4, IPv6, BGP, routing, bridging, proxies, firewalls, and all those smart words);
- You understand and can read email RFC, HTTP, DNS;
- You can write scripts in Python, PHP, Bash, Go, Ruby, or other programming languages;
- Your English skills are advanced;
- You are a constant learner, not afraid to take upon challenges and question the status quo.
What we offer:
- An environment where everyone values the highest standards, freedom, responsibility, and personal growth - we promote action-oriented behavior, trust, and seek mastery;
- Everything you need for your professional development – latest working equipment, training courses, books, conferences, team building activities, and workshops;
- A friendly, supportive and experienced team that is eager to share their knowledge and spend time with you;
- Gross salary from 2000 Eur/month (depends on your experience);
- A health insurance package for your wellness;
- Remote work and flexible hours.
Read more about our company culture here.
You are dangerously close to launching your career to new heights. Take action. Apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.