Senior Data Engineer (Data Warehouse)
HomeToGo is one of the best-known clients of NFQ – a dedicated team of 90 of our software engineers and data science professionals develop the innovations behind its business success. As HomeToGo technology partner, we are expanding our team in Lithuania and are ready to hire the brightest talents in the IT market.
HomeToGo is the world's largest search engine for vacation rentals, comparing over 18 million offers from more than 2,000 trusted partners. Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 250 people and operates 43 websites. From apartments, cabins, boats, castles, hotels, hostels, and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
As a Senior Data Engineer (Data Warehouse), you will join our ambitious and forward-thinking colleagues in the Data Engineering team. At HomeToGo we capture process and store hundreds of gigabytes of new data on a daily basis using technologies such as Apache Kafka and Apache Spark. Our data lake holds hundreds of terabytes of data in AWS S3 which is utilised in various ways by different teams running data jobs in Apache Airflow: from building self-service analytics dashboards via AWS Redshift, Apache Druid, Redash and Tableau to training ML models which make thousands of decisions per second on our websites every day. You will contribute to HomeToGo's data platform by developing our Data Warehouse, which has to meet challenging scalability, performance and usability requirements. Your work will be critical to ensure that everyone at HomeToGo can make data-driven decisions efficiently and reliably on a daily basis.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement data pipelines in SQL and Python
- Maintain data models across a wide variety of data sources
- Create best practices for data documentation, standardization and refinement
- Integrate external data sources with our DWH and Data Lake
- Ensure high quality, durability and scalability of our DWH processes
- Mentor team members in data engineering best practices
- Closely collaborate with Data Analytics and other teams on various data projects
- Search for new technologies and tools to improve data handling within the organization
What you will bring
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience in developing, maintaining and monitoring complex Data Warehouses
- Experience in creating and scheduling batch data processing flows (e.g Airflow)
- Experience coding with Python
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud platforms is a plus
- Experience working with Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery is a plus
- Experience working with DBT, Great Expectations, Data Catalogs is a plus
- Experience in leading a team is a plus
- Practical communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 4000-7000 EUR gross
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 2002, NFQ Technologies is an international digital innovation company. We implement projects for software engineering and product development, business digitalization, BI and data science, and also provide UX, UI, CRO and consulting services, for travel, omnichannel retail, transport, logistics and sharing economy businesses across the globe. Partners like HomeToGo, KAYAK, Rocket Internet, home24, InterNations, Atlantic Express Corp., and many others rely on our 18+ years of know-how in large-scale web and mobile solutions to help them take the lead in travel, logistics, omnichannel operations, the sharing economy and transport. Our clients' success is what makes us succeed – as a business, as a team, and as the hundreds of individuals that NFQ unites. Are you ready for success big time?