Software Engineer (PHP)
HomeToGo is one of the best-known clients of NFQ – a dedicated team of 90 of our software engineers and data science professionals develop the innovations behind its business success. As HomeToGo technology partner, we are expanding our team in Lithuania and are ready to hire the brightest talents in the IT market.
HomeToGo is the world's largest search engine for vacation rentals, comparing over 18 million offers from more than 2,000 trusted partners. Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 250 people and operates 43 websites. From apartments, cabins, boats, castles, hotels, hostels, and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organisation combining Extreme Programming, DevOps, test-driven and trunk-based development principles to maximise business value. At HomeToGo you will find a strong teamwork culture, clearly defined feedback process, performance evaluations, job leveling system and transparency on company goals - an empowering environment for personal growth and career development. If you seek to make an impact that is visible and can be measured - this could be your next chance.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Engineer (PHP) to join the Search Experience team in Kaunas. In Search Experience, you will mostly work on the search results page - the most visible part of HomeToGo. We serve millions of users daily and, as people say, we only have seconds to make the first impression, thus it’s crucial for us to have the best user experience and we need your help to achieve this goal. Your daily routine will be related to solving challenges with core-search functionality and fetching offers, locations tree, filters, and many other components which help our users to find their best accommodations.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain features
- Ensure that your features are well tested
- Solve technical design issues
- Help to maintain a healthy codebase
- Suggest your ideas on how to improve your surroundings
What you will bring
- Experience in writing good code with PHP
- Experience with Symfony (or similar framework), PHPUnit (or alternatives) and Git
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- At least basic knowledge about Elasticsearch
- Eagerness to learn and ability to adapt to ever-changing situations
- Problem solving, decision making and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a group of highly skilled developers and product owners
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 2600-5000 EUR gross
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 2002, NFQ Technologies is an international digital innovation company. We implement projects for software engineering and product development, business digitalization, BI and data science, and also provide UX, UI, CRO and consulting services, for travel, omnichannel retail, transport, logistics and sharing economy businesses across the globe. Partners like HomeToGo, KAYAK, Rocket Internet, home24, InterNations, Atlantic Express Corp., and many others rely on our 18+ years of know-how in large-scale web and mobile solutions to help them take the lead in travel, logistics, omnichannel operations, the sharing economy and transport. Our clients' success is what makes us succeed – as a business, as a team, and as the hundreds of individuals that NFQ unites. Are you ready for success big time?