Software Engineer (PHP)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo – a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power the world's largest vacation rental search engine. We are expanding HomeToGo's technology team in Lithuania and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is a company built around the idea of finding the ideal accommodation for every trip. Since its founding in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 250 people and manages 23 local apps & websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo has become the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, with brands like CASAMUNDO, Wimdu & Tripping. With millions of vacation rental offers worldwide, from thousands of trusted partners like Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo, TripAdvisor, and more, HomeToGo makes finding and booking a vacation rental easier than ever!
You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organisation combining Extreme Programming, DevOps, test-driven and trunk-based development principles to maximise business value. At HomeToGo you will find a strong teamwork culture, clearly defined feedback process, performance evaluations, job leveling system and transparency on company goals - an empowering environment for personal growth and career development. If you seek to make an impact that is visible and can be measured - this could be your next chance.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Engineer (PHP) to join the Search Experience team in Kaunas. In Search Experience, you will mostly work on the search results page - the most visible part of HomeToGo. We serve millions of users daily and, as people say, we only have seconds to make the first impression, thus it’s crucial for us to have the best user experience and we need your help to achieve this goal. Your daily routine will be related to solving challenges with core-search functionality and fetching offers, locations tree, filters, and many other components which help our users to find their best accommodations.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain features
- Ensure that your features are well tested
- Solve technical design issues
- Help to maintain a healthy codebase
- Suggest your ideas on how to improve your surroundings
What you will bring
- Experience in writing good code with PHP
- Experience with Symfony (or similar framework), PHPUnit (or alternatives) and Git
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- At least basic knowledge about Elasticsearch
- Eagerness to learn and ability to adapt to ever-changing situations
- Problem solving, decision making and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a group of highly skilled developers and product owners
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 2600-5000 EUR gross
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 2002, NFQ Technologies is an international digital innovation company. We implement projects for software engineering and product developm...